ubiquitous-Being or seeming to be everywhere at the same time; omnipresent.
exacerbated-To increase the severity, violence, or bitterness of; aggravate.
flack-To act as a press agent for; promote.
The famous flip-flops that everyone wears around are not always good. They provide excessive foot and ankle pain, and can also lead to Manolos and Jimmy Choos. Justin Shroyer did a study on 39 college age people. He studied and watched them wear flip-flops and regular athletic shoes. He found that when they wore flip-flops they took shorter steps, and scrunched their toes to keep them on. The American College of Foot and Ankle Sugeons found that the more you wear flip-flops the more heel pain you have. This is because wearing flip-flops doesn't give you the arch support you need. Does this mean you need to get rid of your flip-flops? No, this means you should wear them every once in a while and don't forget about your athletic shoes.
I agree with the article because when I was in Las Vegas all i wore was flip-flops. By the time I got back on the plane my feet were so sore. Even my back was hurting and I had to take a couple Advil to help me walk through the airport.
Saturday, June 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
We basically put the same thing on our blogs.But it is very true.But thats not gonna stop me from wearing them when its hot outside.
I have had similar experinces after wearing flip flops for a long period of time.
Post a Comment